MESSAGE FROM ADMINISTRATION'S ADVICE
The city was erected in 1831 by Queen Ranavalona I who wished to build a twin city of Antananarivo and to make it the capital of the southern part of the Betsileo country.
- Its specificity: Famous for the quality of its wine production, Fianarantsoa is the one and only wine producer in Madagascar.
Fianarantsoa is built on the hill « Ivoegnana » close to Kianjasoa, a real road crossroads, it is located on the RN7 at 400 km from Tananarive in the heart of the southeast region.
Ministry of Tourism of Madagascar :
In terms of tourism development, the Minister of Tourism is responsible for the design, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the State policy.
- Main Mission : To promote the orderly and harmonious integrated development of tourism through a training policy for the tourism industry.
The Ministry will be the lever of sustainable tourism, with the aim of transmitting a positive image of Madagascar on the external market.
Fianarantsoa, the best activities :
- Hiking on the village reserve of Anjà
- Trip in dugout on the canal of Pangalanes
- The National Parks
- Trip on board a Micheline on the FCE raille
Do you want to observe Fianarantsoa and its surroundings?
With its traditional houses, its numerous churches, Fianarantsoa still reserves you a fabulous decoration in its surroundings as the wine culture. Many visits are offered to you:
- The National Park of Ranomafana
- The National Park of Andringitra
- The wine circuits of Ambalavao
- The Sahambavy Tea
- The National Park of Anjà, Isalo
- The Fianarantsoa East Coast raille